Tools For School
(July 21 – August 5)
Back-to-school time is an exciting time of hope and new beginnings for children as they think of new clothes, new classes, new teachers — and new school supplies. Yet, back-to-school time can be a difficult time for many children.
- Did you know that more than 1,700 children in Pasco County are homeless?
- Did you know that teachers spend an average of $500 of their own money for school supplies for their students and classroom?
- Did you know that more than 80% of students in the Holiday area are enrolled in the Free/Reduced Meal Program?
During the summer, GCC partners with One Community Now to provide school supplies, clothes and shoes for students as well as classroom supplies for teachers in Pasco County.
What Can I Do?
Bring donated items to the barrels in The Gathering by August 5.
- 1 1/2″ – 2″ Notebook
- Solid Color Folders (with pockets & prongs)
- Glue Sticks
- Spiral Notebook
- Composition Notebooks
- Notebook Paper (wide-ruled/loose-leaf)
- Dry Erase Markers
- Dry Board Erasers
- Hand Sanitizer
- Copy Paper
- Box of Tissues
- Baby Wipes
- Band Aids
Clothing & Shoes
- New or gently used clothing & shoes for elementary and middle school students
- New underwear for elementary school students
Collect, Sort & Deliver Donations
- Pass Out Cards (before/after weekend services)
- Collect Supplies (before/after weekend services)
- Organize Supplies
- Deliver Supplies