Dear GCC Family,
“How’s the church doing” is the number one question I am constantly being asked. We had a family meeting at church recently to give clarity around the question in light of where God is leading during this season. One of the clearest pictures of God’s leading we see in Exodus 13:21-22 NASB,
“The Lord was going before them in a pillar of cloud by day to lead them on the way, and in a pillar of fire by night to give them light, that they might travel by day and by night. He did not take away the pillar of cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people.”
God Has Been Leading
God still leads with that kind of definitiveness today! We see God’s leading in the ministry that is happening through the Generations Family. It’s important that our whole body understands the great things He has been doing:
· 35 Baptisms since August. (updated Sunday!)
· 90 First Time Guests since September 13
· Over 50% physical attendance over past 7 weeks & the launch of an intentional online campus serving those who still can’t return
· Find Hope Now – 5K of groceries collected and delivered to our community during quarantine.
· Rockland Treatment Center – iPads donated so patients could continue group/family therapy via Zoom.
· Backpack Drive – 150 students supplied with back to school supplies through Metropolitan Ministries.
· G Sports – Scholarships for families who are in need so that their children could play this season of Flag Football and Cheer.
· PCSO – Regularly Host training for Pasco County Security Officers
God is leading us to serve first like Jesus did. All of this ministry has continued to happen at GCC because of the many faithful tithers despite the hardships of 2020. We want to thank you for your obedience, and at times, sacrificial giving.
Since early April, GCC has been operating at a 50% reduction in contributions. This was possible for a season and thankfully the Mission of Connection People to Jesus has not been hindered; but we are at a moment where I want to encourage you with the words of Jesus in Matthew 6:33 NASB “…seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.”
Would you prayerfully consider the connection between your spiritual health and obedience to what God says in Malachi 3:10, Bring ALL the tithes to the Lord. Is your tithe missing? There is not less to do in this season, there is more. It is the birthright of the Church to do that work! This Is Your Time to participate as God leads us to connect people to Jesus.